Climbing nevado Chopicalqui
Although it is very close to Huascaran, Chopicalqui remains a great classic climbing. In fact, it is one of the highest peaks of the Cordillera Blanca after Huascarán.
Southwest Ridge, Hoerling route
Day 1: Huaraz (3100 m) - Llanganuco valley - Base Camp (4350m)
Duration: 3 hours (by transport), 3 - 4 hours (walking time)
Day 2: Base Camp (4350m) - Moraine Camp - High camp (5600m.)
Duration: 4 - 5 horas.
Day 3: High camp (5600m) - Chopicalqui Summit (6354 m) - Base Camp.
Duration: 7 - 8 horas
Day 4: Extra day in case of bad weather.
Day 5: Base Camp Chopicalqui (4350m) - Llanganuco Valley - Huaraz.
Duration: 4 (walking time), 3 hours (by transport)
Our Services Include:
Our services do not Include:
- Private transportation to/from your hotel.
- Mountain guide UIAGM, Cook and Porters.
- Donkeys and Donkey drivers (the amount depends of the group size).
- Complete meals during the expedition (Good and varied food, vegetarian option).
- Camping equipment (tents, tables, chairs, kitchen equipment, Etc.).
- Huascarán National Park Entry ticket fee.
- First aid kit.
- Sleeping bag.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day.
- Extra meals or drinks in the villages.
- Tips (optional)