Quilcayhuanca - cojup
This trekking is ideal to have a little adventure and enjoy the great diversity of Andean flora and fauna very close to the city of Huaraz; With a bit of luck it is possible to find a condor and deer.
The highest point is Huapi pass (5020m), from this point you can see: The snowy Ranrapalca, Ishinca, Tocllaraju, Palcaraju, Huapi, Pucaranra, Chinchey, Tullparaju, Andavite, Cayesh, Maparaju, San Juan and Huantzán.
5020 m (Huapi Pass)
moderate to defficult
Day 1: Huaraz - Pitec (portada Quilcayhuanca, 3800m) - Tullpacocha (4250 m)
Transfer by private transport to Pitec. Here we start with our trek to the Quilcayhuanca valley. On the route we can appreciate rock paintings and the archaeological remains of Tambo Nuevo.
» Walking Time: 5 a 6 hours approx.
» Camping: Cayeshpampa (4100m)
Day 2: Tullpacocha - Paso Huapi (5020m) - Cojup (4150m)
This day we will have a beautiful view of the Tullpacocha and Cuchillacocha Lake. The walk will be ascending until reaching the Huapi Pass 5020 m. the highest point of the walk.
» Walking Time: 6 a 7 hours approx.
» Camping: Quebrada de Cojup (4150m)
Day 3: Quebrada Cojup - Huaraz
This last day the walk will be through the Cojup ravine heading towards the cover or control of the park, where our private transport awaits us to move to Huaraz.
» Walking Time: 3 a 4 hours approx.
Our Services Include:
Our services do not Include:
- private transport from/to your hotel.
- Camping and kitchen equipment, food utensils.
- Varied food option for vegetarians.
- Certified trekking guide (English or Spanish) other language by request.
- Donkeys and donkey drivers for equipment transfer. Approx. 10 Kg per person.
- Emergency horse.
- Tent for 3-4 seasons (2 people per tent).
- Bath tent.
- First aid kit.
- All entrance fees to the Huascarán National Park.
- Sleeping bag.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day.
- Extra meals or drinks in the villages.
- Tips (optional)