Santa Cruz - Vaqueria
The Santa Cruz trek explores three important gorges of the Huascarán National Park: Quebrada de Santa Cruz, Huaripampa and Llanganuco.
During the 4 days you will walk in the heart of the Cordillera Blanca enjoying a beautiful view of the Andean landscapes, passing through ancient Inca roads surrounded by quenual forests and exotic high Andean flora; as well as rivers of crystal clear waters, lagoons and the impressive view that gives us the pass "Punta Union" of the snowy mountains of the Cordillera Blanca such as: Alpamayo, Artesonraju, Taulliraju, Chacraraju, Chopicalqui, Huandoy, Huascarán, among others.
4.750 m (Punta Union Pass)
Day 01: Huaraz - Cashapampa - Llamacorral (3750m)
Transfer by private transport to Cashapampa (2900 m) here we start with our walk to Llamacorral.
» Walking Time: 4 a 5 hours approx.
» Camping: Llamacorral (3750 m)
Day 2: Llamacorral - Taullipampa (4250m)
This day we started walking very early during the walk we can appreciate the Ichicocha and Jatuncocha lagoons and the snow-capped Caraz, Quitaraju, Artesonraju, Alpamayo.
» Walking Time: 5 a 6 hours approx.
» Camping: Taullipampa (4250m)
Day 03: Taullipampa - Punta Union pass (4750m) - Cachinapampa (3750m)
It is the most difficult day as the walk is ascending to the Punta Union pass 4750m. From here we will have a beautiful view of the snowy mountains: Quitaraju, Taulliraju, Artesonraju, Huascarán, Contrahierbas, etc.
» Tiempo de Caminata: 7 a 8 hours approx.
» Camping: Cachinapampa (3750m)
Day 04: Cachinapampa - Vaquería - Huaraz
This last day we will have a short walk to Vaquería where our transportation awaits us for the transfer to Huaraz.
» Walking Time: 2 a 3 hours approx.
Our Services Include:
Our services do not Include:
- private transport from/to your hotel.
- Camping and kitchen equipment, food utensils.
- Varied food option for vegetarians.
- Certified trekking guide (English or Spanish) other language by request.
- Donkeys and donkey drivers for equipment transfer. Approx. 10 Kg per person.
- Emergency horse.
- Tent for 3-4 seasons (2 people per tent).
- Bath tent.
- First aid kit.
- All entrance fees to the Huascarán National Park.
- Sleeping bag.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day.
- Extra meals or drinks in the villages.
- Tips (optional)